The Commonwealth Blue Charter is an agreement by all 54 Commonwealth countries to tackle ocean-related challenges together, and actively cooperate to meet commitments for sustainable ocean development.
This series of webinars will promote collaboration through the sharing of experiences, best practices and solutions on ocean issues. They also offer the opportunity to reflect on how to move forward with ocean management in a post-COVID-19 world.
Participants from Commonwealth governments, the Commonwealth Secretariat and other policy experts will lead the virtual series.
Anyone interested in promoting ocean health or learning about the work of the Commonwealth Blue Charter is welcome to join! Please register using the links below.
- Breaking the Plastic Wave Across the Commonwealth – Dates to be confirmed soon
- 8 June: World Oceans Day: Mapping the Ocean one reef at a time
- 22 July: The Rising Blue Dollar – Sustainable Ocean Financing for Marine Conservation
- 27 July: Unlocking the Wealth of Mangrove Ecosystems
- 29 July: The Fishing fields – Sustainable aquaculture development strategies for the Commonwealth Ecosystems
- 27 August: The Blue view: Opportunities and Challenges for the Blue Economy