New Zealand, as the Champion for the Commonwealth Blue Charter Action Group on Ocean Acidification has developed a Handbook to support policymakers’ efforts to identify and implement ocean acidification response strategies. This handbook will be unveiled at a special web event in collaboration with the Commonwealth Secretariat.
Key recommendations from the handbook will be presented to highlight region-specific actions and implementation plans and will consist of comments from the panellists followed by a general Q & A with the audience.
- Hon Nanaia Mahuta, Minister of Foreign Affairs New Zealand (video remarks)
- Dr Nick Hardman-Mountford, Head of Oceans & Natural Resources, Commonwealth Secretariat (mod.)
- Dr Christina McGraw, Chair – New Zealand Ocean Acidification Community Council and Senior Lecturer, University of Otaga
- Dr Jacqueline Uku, President – WIOMSA, Kenya Marine & Fisheries Research Institute (Session I)
- Jessie Turner, Project Manager, Secretariat for the OA Alliance (Session I)
- Alexis Valauri-Orton, Program Officer, The Ocean Foundation (Session II)
- Dr R Duncan McIntosh, Oceanography Officer, SPREP (Session II)
For more information contact: [email protected]