Commonwealth countries hold more than a fifth of mangroves in the world. But they are rapidly disappearing – globally, between 30 to 50% of mangroves have been lost over the past 50 years. New approaches to restoration of mangroves are emerging, benefiting from new, low-cost technologies. These can support the resilience of local communities across the Commonwealth through empowered engagement and innovative funding.
This webinar will:
- Provide an overview of the science and policy adopted by different nations to gather information required for better management of mangroves.
- Showcase learning through case studies from projects across the Commonwealth representing different regions.
- Highlight the various platforms available to move forward in a post COVID-19 world.
Watch the highlights video
Watch the full webinar
The webinar is part of a wider series of virtual events that promote collaboration through the sharing of experiences, best practices and solutions on ocean issues. They also offer the opportunity to reflect on how to move forward with ocean management in a post-COVID-19 world.
- Read the event summary
- View and download the presentation slides
- Commonwealth Blue Charter webinar series
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org